bogofilter on Mac OSX?

John xd890cc2b41c31d74 at f4n.org
Tue Dec 28 23:06:04 CET 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 22:31:13 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > What's needed is probably a "--with"-flag for libdb's include dir
> > (bogofilter looks for <db.h> and not <db[34]/db.h>) to prevent loading
> > the system /usr/include/db.h. Notice that FreeBSD names the library
> > libdb[34], whereas OpenBSD and OS X uses libdb.
>
> The question is why it tries /usr/include before your prefix.
It probably does, but as I said it tries libdb-prefix/include, whereas
the headers are kept in (for example) /usr/local/include/db4. If there
was a --with-libdb-include one could specify it to be
/usr/local/include/db4, where the correct db.h can be found.

> > Btw, if things should be kept simple in README.osx: Apple's Developer
> > tools uses gcc, I think xlc users can figure out CC=xlc. Also, "HP
> > Gnome Desktop" (HP?) is probably far less common than fink.
>
> The configure script checks for xlc if gcc is not found...
Then I guess the second last paragraph can be removed from README.osx?