Size limit?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Dec 22 12:56:18 CET 2004

John <xd890cc2b41c31d74 at f4n.org> writes:

> Another thing, looking at passthrough.c:passthrough_setup(void) it
> seems as if input is never treated as seekable, even though there's
> code to support it. Any reasons for this, found none in the
> archives? (It appears to be implemented (actually, amended) in
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=5116301
> but not in
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6003857)

Good catch. The function got removed in version 1.67 of src/main.c on
2003-08-23 with the switch to the "reader API" as we dubbed the code at
that time, the encapsulation of input file formats in a separate file.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/bogofilter/bogofilter/src/main.c?r1=1.66&r2=1.67&only_with_tag=MAIN

The new stuff (bogoreader) does not provide the necessary data for
seeking in files unfortunately. We may need to re-add this (by
checkpointing file positions in bogoreader and letting bogoreader
determine if its input is seekable).

I've added a note to the TODO file.