Size limit?

John xd890cc2b41c31d74 at f4n.org
Fri Dec 17 19:35:55 CET 2004

Sorry if this is an FAQ, I didn't find any mention of it in the docs
or archives.

Is it possible to limit how much data bogofilter will use when
analyzing a message?

There was a thread a while back about dealing with attachments, but it
didn't discuss limits:
http://www.bogofilter.org/pipermail/bogofilter-dev/2004-November/002643.html.

Of course, I could simply limit how much data I pipe to bogofilter,
but such a solution is less than optimal for emails of the form
"[text] [some large attatchment] [more text]", where considering only
the first N bytes might neglect "[more text]". Perhaps there should be
two limits: data_limit, how much to analyze, and raw_limit >=
data_limit, specifying maximum number of bytes to read. (raw_limit
could be implemented externally, so it's less important, as long as
bogofilter can handle brutally terminated MIME.)

Some reasons why I think this would be useful: MUAs sending, or crappy
commercial virus filters creating, broken MIME; someone sending large
text files inline (say, something from gutenberg.org); mailer daemons
returning entire MIME encoded message in body, with attachments (qmail
does this).

Any comments would be appreciated!