Bogofilter with multiple user and __db* problem

Andoni Ayala - KNET andoni at knet.es
Thu Dec 16 12:34:53 CET 2004

Chris Wilkes escribió:

>>my /etc/bogofilter.cf have:
>>
>>bogofilter_dir=~/.bogofilter
>>
>>but if i use
>>
>>bogofilter_dir=/var/spool/bogofilter
>>
>>and this error are returned:
>>
>>"bogofilter: DB_ENV->open, err: Permission denied"
>

> Do you have write privs to that directory?  Try creating a temp file in
> there:
>   touch /var/spool/bogofilter/testfile
> And see if all the files have the same permissions as that one:
>   ls -l /var/spool/bogofilter/

Yes, /var/spool/bogofilter/ directory have correct permission, user can
create files, but __bd* files not, this files have 600 permission, ¿how
can i change this?, in 0.93.2 (my bogofilter version) i understand that
umask are 664, but the file are created with 600, i tried to recompile
and same result.

> What you'll have to do is put all your users into the same group that
> has write permission to that directory.
>
> Actually you could make them have read permissions to that directory,
> and have them update their ~/.bogofilter/ wordlist with changes.  See
>   http://bogofilter.org/faq.php#multiple
> for how to use multiple wordlists.

Ok, i read faq and README.db, but this question is for multiple wordlist
no for all users use de same bogofilter_dir

Thanks

> Chris

KNET COMUNICACIONES, S.L.
Andoni Ayala González