Bogofilter with multiple user and __db* problem

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Thu Dec 16 12:21:25 CET 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:39:52AM +0100, Andoni Ayala - KNET wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use bogofilter in my Fedora Core 1 but i have one problem with __db*
> files. This files are too big and repeat in each user home directory,
> how can i do to use all user the same __db* and have permision on it?

Keep in mind that you could have some users thinking an email is spam
that others think is ham, which could cause a lot of headaches.

> my /etc/bogofilter.cf have:
>
> bogofilter_dir=~/.bogofilter
>
> but if i use
>
> bogofilter_dir=/var/spool/bogofilter
>
> and this error are returned:
>
> "bogofilter: DB_ENV->open, err: Permission denied"

Do you have write privs to that directory?  Try creating a temp file in
there:
  touch /var/spool/bogofilter/testfile
And see if all the files have the same permissions as that one:
  ls -l /var/spool/bogofilter/

What you'll have to do is put all your users into the same group that
has write permission to that directory.

Actually you could make them have read permissions to that directory,
and have them update their ~/.bogofilter/ wordlist with changes.  See
  http://bogofilter.org/faq.php#multiple
for how to use multiple wordlists.

Chris