massive disk space leak vs thresh_update

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Sat Dec 11 17:09:04 CET 2004

Why not add a deb-configure routine that would default to automaticly
set up a cron job to clean out the older log files? Advanced users of
large sites might want to change it, but the more average user won't
have to get so intimit with the nuts and bolts AND won't have a risk of
crashing due to running out of disk space.

One ther issue that could frustrate the more average user is file
permissions. I go in by hand and change the permissions of the working
files to user.debian-exim, not a show stopper (but still a hassle). It
seems to me there should be a parameter in the config file to set the
group on these files with the end goal that package maintainers would
only have to patch the cfg file to make a clean package for a particular
distribution.

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    		       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

Health tip #347:
When confronted with the urge to exercise;
simply lay down and wait for it to pass.