virtual mailing lists

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Sat Dec 11 13:51:33 CET 2004

I thought I might start here.  If I were to ask such questions on the
postfix-user list they would disembowel me (they're harsh).

I want to set up virtual mail accounts (two domains) that are both
independent of the unix password list.  This includes myself which will
probably impossibly complicated because I want what I want.

I'm pretty sure I can figure all this out with postfix and dovecot and
postgresql, except for some of the delivery.

There are two aspects of local mail delivery that I'm completely
addicted to.  Using bogofilter and filtering mail on the server (lists).
to directories.

I've been using procmail with great success for years but am pretty much
at a loss on how to impliment something like this on virtual mail
accounts.  I'm not sure if maildrop would be more adept at handling this
kind of situation or not.

I tried cyrus-imap before and found it disappointing.  Perhaps I ask too
much?

So, that's my topic for today.  Any suggestions or experiences on
something like this would be appreciated.  I'm trying to do some field
research before I start tearing my computers down and wreck my email
server...  :)