seekable stdin

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Thu Dec 9 22:09:26 CET 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 01:25:40PM -0700, Michael Gale wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	Thanks for the info .. could I just use the seek command in bash.
> According to a `man seek`
>
> doing a `seek STDIN 0 start` should reset STDIN to the beginning for me
> .. what do you think ?
>
> Do you see any problems ? Does any one see any problems ?

Erm, I think you're reading the tcl seek man page.
Definitely not bash, whatever else it may be.

Certainly, if you feel more comfortable with tcl than perl, go ahead.
One caveat, tcl cannot execute option specified commands, so you'll have
to place the scriptlet in file and execute it.  The other option is to
pipe the command to its stdin, but that defeats the purpose, in this case.
BTW, the tcl standard channel is 'stdin'.

Also, thanks for sending an extra copy of your message to me personally, but I
only need one, honest ;)

-Gyepi