-p works... mostly

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Aug 4 23:47:45 CEST 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 18:41:11 -0300
Trevor Smith wrote:

> On August 4, 2004 6:26 pm, David Relson wrote:
>
> > bogofilter passthrough mode, i.e. "-p -e", is proven, reliable code
> > and has no known problems.
> > I suggest that you turn on as much logging as possible with your
> > mail transfer, delivery, and user programs.  That will help
> > significantly in determining why some messages don't have their
> > X-Bogosity lines.
>
> Thanks. Interestingly, I noticed that the last two messages you sent
> did *not* have a "To: " header line at all once I got to see them...
> So I switched my filter to look for any space character in any header
> line, just to grab all incoming messages more successfully.
>
> Maybe that was my problem all along and I just *thought* the emails
> that bogofilter wasn't processing did have an @ symbol in the "To: "
> field...
>
> Out of curiousity, did the messages you sent to me/this list regarding
> "Re: -p works... mostly" and "Re: why is this not spam?" have "To: "
> header lines in them when you sent them? (Just trying to see if I've
> got something on this end that is "eating" To: header lines.)

Hi Trevor,

Nope.  No "To:" line.  Just "Cc:".  Hitting "reply all" fills in "To:
Trevor ..." and "Cc: bogofilter...".  Rather than send you 2 copies of
the message, I usually delete the "To:".

Alternatively, with the manner in which this mailing list is configured,
I could use "reply" which fills in "To: bogofilter...".  Unfortunately,
that doesn't work with every list :-<

You might also need to deal with "Bcc:".

HTH,