-p works... mostly

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Wed Aug 4 23:41:11 CEST 2004

On August 4, 2004 6:26 pm, David Relson wrote:

> bogofilter passthrough mode, i.e. "-p -e", is proven, reliable code
> and has no known problems.
> I suggest that you turn on as much logging as possible with your mail
> transfer, delivery, and user programs.  That will help significantly
> in determining why some messages don't have their X-Bogosity lines.

Thanks. Interestingly, I noticed that the last two messages you sent did *not*
have a "To: " header line at all once I got to see them... So I switched my
filter to look for any space character in any header line, just to grab all
incoming messages more successfully.

Maybe that was my problem all along and I just *thought* the emails that
bogofilter wasn't processing did have an @ symbol in the "To: " field...

Out of curiousity, did the messages you sent to me/this list regarding "Re: -p
works... mostly" and "Re: why is this not spam?" have "To: " header lines in
them when you sent them? (Just trying to see if I've got something on this
end that is "eating" To: header lines.)