[bogofilter] Should I stay or should I go?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Apr 6 20:19:43 CEST 2004

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004, Wayne K9DI wrote:

> 	I currently have bogofilter 0.16.4 installed on my
> FreeBSD 5.2 system (installed but still haven't figured out how to get
> it working).  I just read about the release of bogofilter 0.17.5.  My
> question is this should I stay with 0.16.4 or go with 0.17.5?  There
> currently isn't a port of the 0.17.5 for FreeBSD 5.2, but I am fairly
> confident that I could compile it from source.

My recommendation is that you try to get acquainted with bogofilter
first - check how you need to train it (you must do this and train spam
and "ham"), do train it, then check how you are going to score your mail
(maildrop, procmail, ...) - examples in the bogofilter man page - and
set it up.

I'll make a 0.17.X port for FreeBSD 4.X and 5.X once 0.17.X has been
promoted to "stable" in some days' time.