compile time options

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Tue Sep 30 17:38:15 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 07:53, Greg Louis wrote:
> now" values with tiny dbs.  Come to think of it, if we had such a
> thing, maybe it could even be made part of a classification run -- got
> a small db, retune it like a harpsichord for every use -- got a big
> one, treat it like a piano and tune it every 3 months :)

That sounds like a fine idea.  Nobody wants to be manually tuning their
database as just a regular user.  They (or more likely a server admin)
just want to set it up and let it work, only sending corrections when
needed.  If the tuning is done as a part of the
classification/registration, then it becomes much more user-friendly.

Tom