make check fails in 0.15.5

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Sep 30 15:31:36 CEST 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:35:31 +0200
Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Well, make check does not seem to be unimportant:
>
> ./checks.32617.20030930T143346/combined.out
> ./outputs/combined.out differ: char 216, line 8
> FAIL: t.separate

Sounds like time for a debugging session :-(

Line 8 of outputs/combined.out is "S 0.999999".  A difference is the
score makes me think of charsets and locales - both of which the testing
framework is _supposed_ to deal with.  Other possibilities are
computational differences with GSL (since that does the final
calculation and since it's a recent addition to bogofilter).

Remind me, please, as to the details of your system, i.e. distribution,
hardware, gcc and GSL versions ...

Also, run the following commands and send me the output:

cd src/tests
t.separate -v
sh -x t.separate -v

I've attached a copy of _my_ output in case you want to compare yours to
mine.