compile time options

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Tue Sep 30 00:57:02 CEST 2003

On 20030929 (Mon) at 1702:51 -0400, David Relson wrote:

> As our algorithm expert, developer, and tester this might be a good time
> to query the user base to see if anybody is still using Graham  or
> Robinson-GM, or if people are all using Robinson-Fisher.  With the right
> answer, we'd be able to retire some code, shrink the size of bogofilter,
> and simplify life for the development team.

The user base has expressed itself adequately on the list, I think.
AFAICT there is as good as nobody using Graham in production, and I
would guess that GM/(GM+Fisher) is somewhere between 0.2 and 0.3, the
holdouts being people with a fondness for linear slippery slopes.

(If that doesn't stimulate our user base into some sort of rational
response, either I'm right or the users don't care so we can do what we
want anyhow ;-)

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |