-WW updating both databases

Jonathan Matthews jcmatthews at rangemaster.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 10:06:42 CEST 2003

From: David Relson [mailto:relson at osagesoftware.com]
> jcmatthews at rangemaster.co.uk (Jonathan Matthews) wrote:
[snip]
> > I've not done exhaustive testing, but I noticed that (with Debian's
> > bogofilter 0.15.4-2) using the -WW switch along with either -s or
> > -n results in both ~/.bogofilter/spam and ~/.bogofilter/ham being
> > updated by any one execution of bogofilter.
> >
> > I found that they were keeping step with each other *exactly*,
> > size-wise, and so stopped using -WW and used the default -W.  This
> > seems to be working fine.
[snip]

> Jonathan,
>
> Interesting, but I can't reproduce the problem you report.  The message
> I just sent out has script test.W.WW.sh which, according to your
> discription, should show your problem, but doesn't.  The script
> registers both ham and spam mailboxes and displays wordlist sizes after
> each operation.  Each registration run only adds data to one wordlist,
> not two.
>
> ... at least those are the results on _my_ machine.  If you get
> different results in your environment, let me know so I can investigate
> and determine what's happening.

I'll do some tinkering this week and see what comes out.  I'm in full-on
exam revision mode at the moment, unfortunately :-(

In addition to your script, what other information would be useful?  I'd imagine
a log of the output of the following - but is there anything else?

$ ls -l ~/.bogofilter
$ cat spammy | bogofilter -WW -u
$ cat hammy  | bogofilter -WW -u
$ ls -l ~/.bogofilter

Cheers!
jc

--
Legal BS from hereon.

Rangemaster is a business name of AGA Consumer Products Ltd. Registered in England. Registration No. 3872754.
Registered Office: 4 Arleston Way, Shirley, Solihull. B90 4LH. Part of AGA Foodservice Group Plc.

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this e-mail in error then any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you should contact the sender by e-mail return and then delete all the material. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Rangemaster, this does not form part of a legally binding agreement.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of viruses, we advise that you carry out your own virus checks. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by viruses.

Rangemaster IT Support +44 01926 457400

itsupport at rangemaster.co.uk