-WW updating both databases

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Sep 26 14:17:38 CEST 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:41:59 +0100
jcmatthews at rangemaster.co.uk (Jonathan Matthews) wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I'm only posting this as I wondered if it might be related to the
> problems being discussed in the thread
> "-u not working for me in 0.15.4 [Was: New header token tagging]"
> over the last few days.  It's not actually affecting me ATM.
>
> I've not done exhaustive testing, but I noticed that (with Debian's
> bogofilter 0.15.4-2) using the -WW switch along with either -s or
> -n results in both ~/.bogofilter/spam and ~/.bogofilter/ham being
> updated by any one execution of bogofilter.
>
> I found that they were keeping step with each other *exactly*,
> size-wise, and so stopped using -WW and used the default -W.  This
> seems to be working fine.
>
> As I say - hope this is useful.
> For all I know, it's the desired behaviour :-)
>
> Congrats to you all on a great piece of software - after a bit of
> training, only a couple of Swen got through, out of >2000.
>
> Cheers,
> jc

Jonathan,

Interesting, but I can't reproduce the problem you report.  The message
I just sent out has script test.W.WW.sh which, according to your
discription, should show your problem, but doesn't.  The script
registers both ham and spam mailboxes and displays wordlist sizes after
each operation.  Each registration run only adds data to one wordlist,
not two.

... at least those are the results on _my_ machine.  If you get
different results in your environment, let me know so I can investigate
and determine what's happening.

Cheers!