documentation compilation bug?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Sep 4 16:09:46 CEST 2003

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Jason Rennie <jrennie at ai.mit.edu> writes:
>
> > I just tried compiling the current CVS bogofilter code.  It barfed
> > because I don't have xmlto installed.  Seems that configure should have
> > caught this problem, but it didn't.
>
> What operating system are you on?
>
> Installing libxml2, GNU bash, GNU getopt, xsltproc docbook XSL style
> sheets should enable an xmlto install -- and I'd think that is
> affordable if you're to run CVS versions.

It also requires GNU find and a program called 'mktemp'.  The 'getopt'
referenced by the INSTALL instructions is some obscure implementation
(from http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol/getopt.html) which could hardly be
called "GNU" getopt and which does not even provide a configure
script.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us