documentation compilation bug?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Sep 4 13:46:32 CEST 2003

Jason Rennie <jrennie at ai.mit.edu> writes:

> I just tried compiling the current CVS bogofilter code.  It barfed
> because I don't have xmlto installed.  Seems that configure should have
> caught this problem, but it didn't.

What operating system are you on?

Installing libxml2, GNU bash, GNU getopt, xsltproc docbook XSL style
sheets should enable an xmlto install -- and I'd think that is
affordable if you're to run CVS versions.

The end user downloading a tarball will have the documentation
pre-build, only config.status will replace some paths in the files, so
he won't need xmlto, that's why nobody *really* cared until now.