Integration with webmail app

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Tue Nov 25 15:20:10 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 08:29, Gyepi SAM wrote:
> > Also, emails are kept in SQL tables, so must be fed to STDIN via perl pipe,
> > I guess.
>
> This is a tough one. Bogofilter has support for several databases, but not
> SQL.  It should be possible to add one. The database system would need to
> support transactions. Might be an interesting project.

Gyepi, I don't think the question here is to store the tokens in MySQL,
just to get emails that pass through bogofilter to go there, right?

Chris, you just have to examine the current path that an email takes
through your system.  It must be transported by an MTA such as Sendmail,
and then delivered via an MDA such as procmail or likely something
custom in this case.  Standard unix practice is to write an mbox file to
/var/spool/mail/username.  In your case, it's going to a MySQL
database.  You need to insert bogofilter into the process before it gets
written to disk.  Likely, your MTA or MDA provide the ability to write
filters, so you should check their man pages for how to filter through
an external program.

Tom