Integration with webmail app

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Tue Nov 25 14:29:32 CET 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 03:39:42AM -0800, Chris Fortune wrote:
> Unusual configuration.  I want to use bogofilter with a custom webmail
> application written in perl/MySQL.  There are no ~ Home directories but I
> need to assign individual goodlist/spamlist/wordlist files for each user.

This is not a problem. You can use environment variables or, preferrably, the
-d option to specify the wordlist directory, which must be writable for the
uid running bogofilter.

> Also, emails are kept in SQL tables, so must be fed to STDIN via perl pipe,
> I guess.

This is a tough one. Bogofilter has support for several databases, but not
SQL.  It should be possible to add one. The database system would need to
support transactions. Might be an interesting project.

>  Does anyone have any suggestions, resources, scripts, faq's, et
> cetera?  Thanks.

Don't know.

-Gyepi