What's Coming ...

Shawn Grunberger shawn at oddpost.com
Tue Nov 25 04:59:56 CET 2003

David,

Number 4 in your remove list is "degeneration code for headers and case sensitivity."

I'm aware of the -H option, which provides a degeneration option for header tagging. Was anything similar ever added for case-sensitivity? I'm only aware of the -Pi/PI option, which doesn't degenerate, right?

We have hundreds of customers with case-insensitive databases that can't be rebuilt, so ideally we'd use something like -H for case that preserves accuracy during the transitional phase.

"Ideally" was the key word in the previous sentence.

Thanks,

Shawn