paths.h

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Nov 22 20:21:39 CET 2003

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:03:00 +0000
John Poltorak <jp at warpix.org> wrote:

...[snip]...

> > John,
> >
> > Have you actually had a problem or are you worried about a problem
> > appearing?
>
> This is what has occured when I tried building it:-
>

> Making install in src
> make[1]: Entering directory `U:/unixos2/workdir/bogofilter-0.15.8/src'
> Making install in .
> make[2]: Entering directory `U:/unixos2/workdir/bogofilter-0.15.8/src'
> source='globals.c' object='globals.o' libtool=no \
> depfile='.deps/globals.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/globals.TPo' \
> depmode=gcc u:/bin/sh ../depcomp \
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.  -I../trio -I..   -DBOGOFILTER -Wall
> -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow
> -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
> -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -ggdb
> -fno-common -Wchar-subscripts -Wcomment -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
> -Wpointer-arith -c `test -f 'globals.c' || echo './'`globals.c In file
> included from u:\posix2\include\sys/syslog.h:36,
>                  from u:\posix2\include\syslog.h:6,
>                  from common.h:24,
>                  from globals.h:10,
>                  from globals.c:14:
> paths.h:37: parse error before `which'
> paths.h:37: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
> make[2]: *** [globals.o] Error 1
>

> It looks like the wrong paths.h is getting picked up.>
>
> > FWIW, bogofilter has been building on BSD without problems for over
> > a year.
>
> In which case that suggests something in my build environment messing
> is things up....
>
> > The makefile contains the needed include path information.
>
> Is there anything you think I should look at?
>
> It looks to me as though the C_INCLUDE_PATH may be getting ignored in
> this instance. Is that possible?

John,

Unfortunately I have neither BSD experience nor a BSD machine.  Matthias
handles that part of bogofilter development.  I'm sure he'll have an
answer as soon as he sees your message.

The path is shown in the gcc command and it looks correct.  I don't
think modifying C_INCLUDE_PATH will have any effect.

As a detail, <syslog.h> doesn't really need to be included from
"common.h".  Try the attached patch (which takes it out) and let me know
if it helps.

If it doesn't, we'll have to wait for someone who knows more about BSD.