paths.h

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Sat Nov 22 20:03:00 CET 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 01:26:55PM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 14:37:08 +0000
> John Poltorak <jp at warpix.org> wrote:
>

> > Bogofilter includes a paths.h which appears to confilct with a BSD
> > paths.h.
> >

> > What is the best way to ensure that they do not conflict?
> >

> > --
> > John
>
> John,
>
> Have you actually had a problem or are you worried about a problem
> appearing?

This is what has occured when I tried building it:-

Making install in src
make[1]: Entering directory `U:/unixos2/workdir/bogofilter-0.15.8/src'
Making install in .
make[2]: Entering directory `U:/unixos2/workdir/bogofilter-0.15.8/src'
source='globals.c' object='globals.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/globals.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/globals.TPo' \
depmode=gcc u:/bin/sh ../depcomp \
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.  -I../trio -I..   -DBOGOFILTER -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -ggdb -fno-common -Wchar-subscripts -Wcomment -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wpointer-arith -c `test -f 'globals.c' || echo './'`globals.c
In file included from u:\posix2\include\sys/syslog.h:36,
                 from u:\posix2\include\syslog.h:6,
                 from common.h:24,
                 from globals.h:10,
                 from globals.c:14:
paths.h:37: parse error before `which'
paths.h:37: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
make[2]: *** [globals.o] Error 1

It looks like the wrong paths.h is getting picked up.

> FWIW, bogofilter has been building on BSD without problems for over a
> year.

In which case that suggests something in my build environment messing is
things up....

> The makefile contains the needed include path information.

Is there anything you think I should look at?

It looks to me as though the C_INCLUDE_PATH may be getting ignored in this
instance. Is that possible?