0.15.7 badly broken (two problems on FreeBSD)

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sun Nov 16 01:40:32 CET 2003

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 07:34:15PM -0500, David Relson wrote:

> Another db problem can occur with a max file size when using procmail to
> control "bogofilter -u" (which writes the database).  If you're using
> postfix, "postconf | egrep '^m.*size_limit'" will show your current
> limits and you can compare to the size of wordlist.db.

This could be it.  postfix has the default size limits:

kkenn at rot13:~ postconf | egrep '^m.*size_limit'
mailbox_size_limit = 51200000
message_size_limit = 10240000

and my DB is:

-rw-r--r--  1 kkenn  kkenn  59981824 Nov 15 15:21 wordlist.db

Is the problem occurrinig because postfix will set resource limits
before delivering mail via procmail?

I have just increased the resource limits, so we'll see if it helps.

> When you _do_ figure the cause of the problem, please post it so that
> the info can be added to the FAQ.

Will do!

Thanks for the quick response,
Kris