some questions about bogofilter 0.13.6&0.15.7

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Nov 4 15:30:28 CET 2003

On 04 Nov 2003 09:17:22 -0500
Tom Anderson <tanderso at oac-design.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 05:19, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
> > > 3. Why bogofilter register in wordlists pieces of base64-encoded
> > > parts ? Here the sample :
> > > --Boundary-02=_/Weu++wGDnxQ1AU 1 20030708
> > >
> > > --Boundary-02=_1gKs+PfUum7GU4d 2 20030708
> > > --cqxox3fnlpmgjstp 1 20030526
> > >
> > > --cqxox3fnlpmgjstp-- 1 20030526
> > > --TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/ 2 20030708
> > >
> > > --TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/-- 2 20030708
> >
> > I guess the rationale is that those can be specific to spam
> > software.
>
> MIME boundaries are almost always random (somewhat based on the system
> clock), and therefore will almost never repeat except by sheer
> coincidence.  Otherwise attaching an MIME email to another wouldn't
> work as expected.  Perhaps a _part_ of the boundary string might be
> hard-coded into the software, but not all of it.
>
> Tom

Tom,

What version are you using?  Older versions of bogofilter _did_ boundary
strings to the wordlist.  The behavior has been changed and current
versions do not do that.

If I remember correctly, the problem was fixed in September or October.
Your wordlist entries are older than that.

If you're using 0.15.7 or newer and still having a problem, let me know.

HTH,