some questions about bogofilter 0.13.6&0.15.7

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Tue Nov 4 15:17:22 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 05:19, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
> > 3. Why bogofilter register in wordlists pieces of base64-encoded parts ?
> > Here the sample :
> > --Boundary-02=_/Weu++wGDnxQ1AU 1 20030708
> > --Boundary-02=_1gKs+PfUum7GU4d 2 20030708
> > --cqxox3fnlpmgjstp 1 20030526
> > --cqxox3fnlpmgjstp-- 1 20030526
> > --TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/ 2 20030708
> > --TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/-- 2 20030708
>
> I guess the rationale is that those can be specific to spam
> software.

MIME boundaries are almost always random (somewhat based on the system
clock), and therefore will almost never repeat except by sheer
coincidence.  Otherwise attaching an MIME email to another wouldn't work
as expected.  Perhaps a _part_ of the boundary string might be
hard-coded into the software, but not all of it.

Tom