training & maintenance

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri May 30 22:20:44 CEST 2003

Rodney,

I think most of your 1-liners are in the FAQ.

David

At 04:00 PM 5/30/03, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
>Okay, I'm still learning bogofilter, and trying to get the hang of
>training, updating, and maintenance.
>
>Thanks David, for the help on the learning script.
>
>For the maintenance part of bogofilter, it seems to be bogoutil.
>
> >From recent email traffic, to check the validity of the *list.db
>files, I'd be doing something like;
>
>bogoutil -d ~/.bogofilter/spamlist.db to check that there are no
>errors? Same for the goodlist.db.

'-d' dumps the wordlist and is a way of spotting problems (like words only
through 'm' or loops, etc).  db_verify is a more definitive way of testing.

>bogoutil -w ~/.bogofilter .MSG_COUNT
>to get a total message count of the *.db files
>
>not sure what
>bogoutil -w ~/.bogofilter/ .ROBX
>does, as mine reports .ROBX 0 0

Means you haven't run "bogoutil -R" to scan your wordlists, compute a
value, and save it in spamlist.db.  Bogofilter is perfectly content to use
its default value or a value from bogofilter.cf.

>db_verify ~/.bogofilter/goodlist.db
>db_verify ~/.bogofilter/spamlist.db
>checks the validity of the *.db files. Mine show nothing, which I
>assume is a good thing.

Correct.

>bogoutil -p ~/.bogofilter/
>mine just sits there, with no CPU activity

Takes an argument from the command line or from stdin (like bogoutil -w),
then prints the counts and spam scores for them.

>If there are any more items, that I need to write down, please let me
>know.

I don't have a list of 1-liners.  I create them as I need them.  Keep
reading the mailing lists as I suspect others will show up over time.