training & maintenance

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers at pe.net
Fri May 30 22:00:02 CEST 2003

Okay, I'm still learning bogofilter, and trying to get the hang of
training, updating, and maintenance.

Thanks David, for the help on the learning script.

For the maintenance part of bogofilter, it seems to be bogoutil.

>From recent email traffic, to check the validity of the *list.db
files, I'd be doing something like;

bogoutil -d ~/.bogofilter/spamlist.db to check that there are no
errors? Same for the goodlist.db.

bogoutil -w ~/.bogofilter .MSG_COUNT
to get a total message count of the *.db files

not sure what
bogoutil -w ~/.bogofilter/ .ROBX
does, as mine reports .ROBX 0 0

db_verify ~/.bogofilter/goodlist.db
db_verify ~/.bogofilter/spamlist.db
checks the validity of the *.db files. Mine show nothing, which I
assume is a good thing.

bogoutil -p ~/.bogofilter/
mine just sits there, with no CPU activity

If there are any more items, that I need to write down, please let me
know.

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers at pe.net>	Registered Linux User #96112