database corruption

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed May 28 20:10:13 CEST 2003

At 12:42 PM 5/28/03, Fred Yankowski wrote:
>On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 12:27:49PM -0400, David Relson wrote:
> > The noise indicates a problem.  I don't have solid info on what's
> > significant and what's not.  One test would be simply to run "bogoutil -d
> > xxxlist.db".  Output is alphabetical and you could see how far it gets
> > before it stops/loops/whatever...
>
>I tried that and it completes without reporting any error.  The last
>entries start with the character displayed as umlauted 'y' and encoded
>as 0x377, which seems pretty far into the collating sequence.

Fred,

I'd recommend rebuilding wordlists if db_verify reports _any_ problems.  If
I knew more I might say a particular error doesn't matter.  However, as I'm
ignorant, I consider _all_ errors to be significant and take the
conservative approach - if there are messages, rebuild the database so they
go away and one minimize worries about what can/will go wrong.

> > Question for those of you with problems:  What versions of bogofilter and
> > BerkeleyDB are you using?  What operating system?  If there're are
> problems
> > it's important to know about it.
>
>bogofilter 0.12.2
>Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.1.25: (December 19, 2002)
>Linux 2.2.19pre17

Current bogofilter, current BerkeleyDB, old kernel.  Don't know if it
matters or not.  Additional reports will indicate if there's a pattern.