database corruption

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Wed May 28 18:42:40 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 12:27:49PM -0400, David Relson wrote:
> The noise indicates a problem.  I don't have solid info on what's
> significant and what's not.  One test would be simply to run "bogoutil -d
> xxxlist.db".  Output is alphabetical and you could see how far it gets
> before it stops/loops/whatever...

I tried that and it completes without reporting any error.  The last
entries start with the character displayed as umlauted 'y' and encoded
as 0x377, which seems pretty far into the collating sequence.

> Question for those of you with problems:  What versions of bogofilter and
> BerkeleyDB are you using?  What operating system?  If there're are problems
> it's important to know about it.

bogofilter 0.12.2
Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.1.25: (December 19, 2002)
Linux 2.2.19pre17

--
Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370