bogoutil (performance ?)

T'aZ tazdev at altern.org
Wed May 28 16:40:33 CEST 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003 10:10:42 -0400
David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> >i run : bogoutil -m goodlist.db -c 1
> >but it's eating my cpu since +30mins now
> >the size of this file is ~11Mega
> >and i wonder if it's normal it takes so much time
>
> T'aZ,
>
> You're right.  bogoutil should only take a few minutes.  Possibly you
> have a database problem.  Old versions didn't have wordlist locking
> that worked 100% right and database corruption could occur.
>
> If you have the BerkeleyDB utilities package, run db_verify and see
> what it says.

#db_verify goodlist.db
db_verify: Out-of-order key, page 1449 item 79
db_verify: Last item on page 694 sorted greater than parent entry
db_verify: Last item on page 1010 sorted greater than parent entry
db_verify: First item on page 694 sorted greater than parent entry
db_verify: Page 694 linked twice
db_verify: DB->verify: goodlist.db: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification
failed

> Can you dump the wordlist, i.e. "bogoutil -d goodlist.db".  If that
> works, the database is ok.

ugh , scrolled correctly until words beginning with e , then restarted
from letters b, rescrolling again , then restarting at b etc etc etc

:( seems b0rked :'(

iirc my first version was 0.11.something

--
T'aZ |Jabber:taz-007 at jabber.org|GPG keyID:E051925D|http://taz.prout.be
*They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary