bogoutil (performance ?)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed May 28 16:10:42 CEST 2003

At 09:57 AM 5/28/03, T'aZ wrote:
>Hi !
>
>i run : bogoutil -m goodlist.db -c 1
>but it's eating my cpu since +30mins now
>the size of this file is ~11Mega
>and i wonder if it's normal it takes so much time
>
>i use bogofilter 0.12.2 and my cpu is at 200mhz , this is maybe the
>reason why it's so long, but without any output from bogoutil, i dont
>have a lot of information :)

T'aZ,

You're right.  bogoutil should only take a few minutes.  Possibly you have
a database problem.  Old versions didn't have wordlist locking that worked
100% right and database corruption could occur.

If you have the BerkeleyDB utilities package, run db_verify and see what it
says.

Can you dump the wordlist, i.e. "bogoutil -d goodlist.db".  If that works,
the database is ok.

Let me know how the above tests work for you.

I haven't used '-m' recently, but will run some tests of my own.