for OSX release notes, re: compiling with fink-installed db

Peter Jaques clarinet at huzzam.com
Mon May 26 23:29:10 CEST 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:
> I've updates README.osx and attached a copy.  Read it and let me know if
> I've got it straight.

Hi David-- I'd change it slightly, so that it's clear that the "others" who
need the alternate "with-db" line are fink users:

--------
Berkeley DB is available from Sleepycat Software, at
<http://www.sleepycat.com/>. Users of the fink package manager can install
db using 'fink install db4-shlibs'. (This only installs the libraries; if
you want the whole package, which is *not* required for bogofilter, use
'fink install db4'.)

Run the `configure' script with the `--with-db=/path/to/berkeley-db-dir'
option so that `configure' can find your Berkeley DB installation.
For example, users with the HP Gnome Desktop would use `configure
--with-db=/opt/gnome'. Fink users can use 'configure
--with-db=/sw/include/db4'.
--------

thanks!

peter jaques