for OSX release notes, re: compiling with fink-installed db

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon May 26 15:01:35 CEST 2003

At 07:56 AM 5/26/03, Peter Jaques wrote:
>In the release notes for OSX, you might want to add that users of the fink
>package manager can install db via fink, with "fink install db4" or "fink
>install db4-shlibs" if you only want the libraries (which seems sufficient
>for bogofilter). To build bogofilter, you need "--with-db=/sw/include/db4"
>as an argument to ./configure. Took me a while to figure this one out.
>
>Also, "make install" is putting doc files in /usr/local/man, rather than
>/usr/local/share/man where they belong (& where they show up in the default
>man path).
>
>On the upside, not a single spam made it into my inbox today, & not a
>single legit email went to the spam box! Thanks for a great program!
>
>peter jaques
>oakland, california

Hello Peter,

Glad to hear you have bogofilter up and running on OSX.  I know there have
been others who have tried and I think they've been successful.  I've
updates README.osx and attached a copy.  Read it and let me know if I've
got it straight.

Your results for the day are terrific!  May bogofilter continue to do as
well today :-)

I'll let Matthias deal with "make install".  He's our gnu tools guru.

David

P.S.  I've CC'd this to the mailing list so other OSX users can review the
changes (and possibly suggest revisions).