RPM Upgrade

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu May 22 13:45:27 CEST 2003

At 03:34 AM 5/22/03, Peter Bishop wrote:
>On 21 May 2003 at 19:55, David Relson wrote:
>
> > I understand your reluctance.  I recently updated my development machine
> > from Mandrake 9.0 to Mandrake 9.1.  That resulted in an upgrade of glibc
> > from 2.2 to 2.3.  Consequently when I ran "make rpm", it found
> > glibc-2.3.  Until I find out how to force the rpm build process to use an
> > older version, there will be an incompatibility.
>
>How about making a static build of bogofilter and bogutil ?
>- this would make it OS version and library independent

Peter,

That's a possibility.  However there's a performance hit I'd like to
avoid.  That opens the possible solutions to:

1 - use static linking during "make rpm".  Question: how to do this without
Makefile changes which would cause bogofilter to always be static linking.

2 - can "ld" be told to link with a particular dynamic library (.so)?

Answers & hints are requested...