randomtrain observation

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Mon May 19 10:35:09 CEST 2003

I am not familiar with randomtrain
but I assume that the databases start off being empty.

I see the 94 good messages are registered with 9404 tokens
versus 3099 spams with 64195 tokens

Maybe the difference is because there a built-in bias to believe
an unknown word is good because the robx parameter < 0.5.
So email with lots of unknown words are viewed as good
ditto spams with unknown words - and these would then be reclassified and
registered.

--
Peter Bishop
pgb at adelard.com