Site Configuration Queries

Bryan Roberts bryan at aotea.co.nz
Mon May 19 02:25:41 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've installed bogofilter and shared the .db files between multiple users on a
Linux box.

I've trained the system with a bunch of ham mailboxes. I don't have any spam
mailboxes handy.

I've added the following .procmailrc entries for the participating users.
:0fw
| bogofilter -u -e -p -l

:0e
{ EXITCODE=75 HOST }

:0:
spam

Now I would like setup two mail boxes that reclassify any misclassified mail.

spam at foo.com has the following .procmailrc
:0HB:
* ? bogofilter -Ns
spam

ham at foo.com has the following .procmailrc
:0HB:
* ? bogofilter -Sn
ham

If a user gets a spam in the inbox ideally they just forward it to
spam at foo.com and the mail is automatically reclassified.

Will this actually work given that the forwarded message has details that
belong to the user who has forwarded the message. Including an altered subject
line, their email address and possibly a signature?

If this won't work, does anyone have a procmail script that would strip the
forwarding information before passing the message to bogofilter?

Thanks,
   Bryan Roberts