Site Configuration Queries

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Mon May 19 10:35:10 CEST 2003

On 19 May 2003 at 12:25, Bryan Roberts wrote:

> ham at foo.com has the following .procmailrc
> :0HB:
> * ? bogofilter -Sn
> ham
>
> If a user gets a spam in the inbox ideally they just forward it to
> spam at foo.com and the mail is automatically reclassified.
>
> Will this actually work given that the forwarded message has details that
> belong to the user who has forwarded the message. Including an altered
> subject line, their email address and possibly a signature?

I set up a similar thing, but decided not to use it for regisitering spam
precisely because the spam would be polluted by ham headers.

I do however using this approach for registering flase positives as ham
because the extra headers would appear in regular ham anyway.

I would certainly be interested in something that could extract the spam in
an attachment and submit it to bogofilter (or could bogofilter do this as
an option? - maybe that's an option too far)

--
Peter Bishop
pgb at adelard.com
pgb at csr.city.ac.uk