Question about the new version

Dave Stubbs dstubbs at penguin.8inchfloppy.com
Sat May 17 01:13:07 CEST 2003

> Can you run from the command line?  What directory has the wordlists?  Are
> the permissions proper?

Yes,

It works beautifully from the command line.  Wordlists are in
$HOME/.bogofilter and they are working properly.  If you specify -s -vv you
can see it report the number of words in the message, and then the number of
total words in the wordlist, and it is incrementing properly, and there is a
nice little entry in syslog, so I'd assume that is ok.

> As you know, bogofilter uses an environment variable to find its
> wordlists.  It checks for BOGOFILTER_DIR and then HOME.  Depending on
which
> it finds, it uses $BOGOFILTER_DIR or $HOME/.bogofilter as the directory.
>
> VERBOSE=yes
> LOGABSTRACT=yes
> LOGFILE=/var/lib/procmail
>
> and I run "tail /var/log/procmail" to monitor what's going on.

Ah,

Very cool.  I did this and I can see that bogofilter is running (I see a
little entry that says xxx words, 1 message) but I get no entries in syslog,
and I get the following in the procmail log, right after the above
bogofilter output:

procmail: Executing "bogofilter,-f,-p,-u,-l,-e,-v"
# 731 words, 1 message
procmail: Program failure (-25) of "bogofilter"
procmail: rescue of unfiltered data succeeded