Read-only bogofilter over NFS without lockd?

Marek Kowal marek.kowal at portal.onet.pl
Fri May 16 23:42:16 CEST 2003

I'm not sure about this, but is there a risk if you try to read a fike via
NFS while the databases are being updated? You say this takes several
hours. Is it certain that the wordlists can always be read safely during
this time?

Perhaps it might be safer to:
1) copy the databases
2) train the copy
3) copy the the updated files back (or rename them to as the work files)

This should reduce the risk of reading the database in a part-updated state
======

Well, I must have used some wrong wording, since this is exactly I what do.
I train my bogofilter on a special machine and then copy the resulting
databases into the production machines. During the copy procedure (which
takes several seconds) the bogofilter is not working at all, co nothing will
be wrong unless the files are really not written during normal production
use in bulk mode. And that is what David confirmed, so I should be safe and
sound ;-)

Cheers,
Marek