Read-only bogofilter over NFS without lockd?

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Fri May 16 22:19:26 CEST 2003

On 16 May 2003 at 16:02, David Relson wrote:

> You should be fine.  As you know, corruption can happen when writing
> unlocked files.  Reading is fine.  The man page needs to be checked and the
> wording corrected (or clarified).

I'm not sure about this, but is there a risk if you try to read a fike via
NFS while the databases are being updated? You say this takes several
hours. Is it certain that the wordlists can always be read safely during
this time?

Perhaps it might be safer to:
1) copy the databases
2) train the copy
3) copy the the updated files back (or rename them to as the work files)

This should reduce the risk of reading the database in a part-updated state

--
Peter Bishop
pgb at adelard.com
pgb at csr.city.ac.uk