parsing options

Joerg Over over at dexia.de
Thu May 15 18:11:15 CEST 2003

Well, there have been a couple of replies already, but I think
some missed a point: This is contradictory.

Am 11:23 15.05.2003 -0400 David Relson wrote:
->-Pu, -PU upper_case

->Bogofilter's default options correspond to "-PUHT", i.e.
upper_case,
->header_line_markup, and tokenize_html_tags are all disabled.
"-PUHT" has
->bogofilter operating the same as always.

so default is upper case disabled, i.e. case folding enabled,
which is -PU, which is the old way.

->Note 2:  Option '-Pu' makes bogofilter case insensitive, which
is the way
->bogofilter has operated since day 1.  With "-Pu", words "test",
"Test", and
->"TEST" are all converted to "test".  All the recent tests of
case folding

Now -Pu is the old way, which was case folding too.

Now I don't know how to disable case folding, i.e. how to allow
upper case.
I believe there's a mixup. I believe it should say:

Bogofilter's default options correspond to "-PuHT", i.e.
upper_case,
or stay
Bogofilter's default options correspond to "-PUHT, i.e.
upper_case,

and rewrite Note 2 to state the opposite.

Then maybe clouds clear up.

Regards, jo