FW: bulk mode

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed May 7 02:34:44 CEST 2003

Marek Kowal <marek.kowal at portal.onet.pl> writes:

> Sorry, I did "reply-to" instead of "reply-all". Could you reconfigure the
> list so that the "Reply-To:" header points at the list, not the sender? This
> would make life a lot easier ;-)

We've discussed this before, and it's not going to happen. Fix your
mouse.

Reply-To to the list is a violation of the "principle of least
astonishment" and hijacks mail meant as private mail to the list to the
public, causing embarrassment and all that. It violates privacy
principles and deprives people of the chance to reply privately.

OTOH, if you accidentally hit reply-to rather than list-reply (or at
least group-reply or reply-all), the only damage done is resending the
mail to the list; moving it from "Sent" to "Drafts", editing it to
include the list address and then sending it does the job in most if not
all mailers.