understanding bogofilter

Tony L. Svanstrom tony at svanstrom.com
Tue May 6 17:51:40 CEST 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003 the voices made Simon Huggins write:

SH> Please don't Cc me, thanks.

 Sorry, but I do reply to all unless there's a header telling Pine otherwise;
I'll try to remember editing you out, but I must say that it's easier for you
to filter duplicates than it is to get the word to behave like you want them
to. =)

SH> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 05:11:03PM +0200, Tony L. Svanstrom wrote:

SH> >  Just remember that MIME::Parser isn't available for everyone that
SH> >  might want to use this script, and that if people want to add this to
SH> >  their procmailrc it might mess things up if it extracts every
SH> >  rfc822-part and not only the first level.
SH>
SH> Well if they don't have MIME::Parser then they won't be able to use this
SH> script ;)

 Open source doesn't exist because it's a good thing, it exists because it's
the only way to make any code written by lazy programmers to work. =P

 =)

SH> How will it mess things up by extracting all message/rfc822 parts?
SH>
SH> Try running it on a sample message and then diffing the output with the
SH> message.  It should only remove the headers and contents of the original
SH> message (well and any non message/rfc822 parts but not any
SH> non-message/rfc822 parts from the messages it splits out IYSWIM).

 Sorry, my bad; guess I rather complain and be wrong than actually test things
when in a hurry... =(

--