understanding bogofilter

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Tue May 6 17:33:31 CEST 2003

Please don't Cc me, thanks.

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 05:11:03PM +0200, Tony L. Svanstrom wrote:
> On Tue, 6 May 2003 the voices made Simon Huggins write:
> SH> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 08:04:26AM -0400, David Relson wrote:
> SH> > In particular message/rfc822 isn't handled.  Using a perl script to
> SH> > extract the forwarded message would be a good solution.
> SH> > P.S.  If anyone wants to write the perl script, there's room in the
> SH> > bogofilter/contrib directory.
> SH>
> SH> This was actually very trivial to do (the code is smaller than the POD
> SH> and the copyright boilerplate stuff).
> SH>
> SH> I've attached something you might like to include if you think it will
> SH> be of any use to people.
> SH>
> SH> It just extracts all message/rfc822 parts from a message and dumps them
> SH> on STDOUT.
>  Just remember that MIME::Parser isn't available for everyone that
>  might want to use this script, and that if people want to add this to
>  their procmailrc it might mess things up if it extracts every
>  rfc822-part and not only the first level.

Well if they don't have MIME::Parser then they won't be able to use this
script ;)

How will it mess things up by extracting all message/rfc822 parts?

Try running it on a sample message and then diffing the output with the
message.  It should only remove the headers and contents of the original
message (well and any non message/rfc822 parts but not any
non-message/rfc822 parts from the messages it splits out IYSWIM).

Simon.

--
UK based domain, email and web hosting ***/     "This isn't flying, it's /*
http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/     **/  falling with style" -- Buzz /**