understanding bogofilter

Tony L. Svanstrom tony at svanstrom.com
Tue May 6 14:46:00 CEST 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003 the voices made David Relson write:

DR> Bogofilter understands MIME structure (boundaries, headers, bodies, etc),
DR> content-types (multipart/alternative, text/plain, text/html,..), encodings
DR> (base64, quoted-printable, uuencode), etc.  However it does not understand
DR> _all_ content-types.  In particular message/rfc822 isn't handled.  Using a
DR> perl script to extract the forwarded message would be a good solution.

DR> P.S.  If anyone wants to write the perl script, there's room in the
DR> bogofilter/contrib directory.

 If no one else does it then I will, but I don't really have the time so it'd
just be a simple standalonethingie (no fancy MIME-modules) doing this:

 1. get the boundarystring from the headers.
 2. print the first message/rfc822-part it finds.

 Good enough? (It's what I need myself right now...)

--