understanding bogofilter

elijah elijah at riseup.net
Tue May 6 09:53:34 CEST 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> Marek Kowal wrote:
>
> >> It would be crucial to have the headers forwarded.
> >> One idea might be to forward the mails as
> >> attachments so that only the attachment is given
> >> to bogofilter. The only question is if users can be
> >> trained to do that correctly.
> >
> > Ahh, that's the question ;-) How do I encapsulate the message as an
> > attachment instead of forwarding it, which destroys all the headers? I need
> > to know it myself before training my users...
>
> Well, good point;-) General answer: Make it an attachment of
> type message/rfc822. Make sure you undo the appropriate
> content-transer-encoding before feeding to bogofilter.

does anyone have a script to do this? maybe it is more simple than i am
thinking. i know there are programs like reformime
(http://www.flounder.net/~mrsam/maildrop/reformime.html) for extracting
mime parts, but maybe a couple lines of perl could suck the forwarded
message out. or are there more subtleties?

also, i would like to be able to reject messages which were not forwarded
as attachments.

-elijah