understanding bogofilter

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Tue May 6 09:28:57 CEST 2003

Marek Kowal wrote:

>> It would be crucial to have the headers forwarded.
>> One idea might be to forward the mails as
>> attachments so that only the attachment is given
>> to bogofilter. The only question is if users can be
>> trained to do that correctly.
>
> Ahh, that's the question ;-) How do I encapsulate the message as an
> attachment instead of forwarding it, which destroys all the headers? I need
> to know it myself before training my users...

Well, good point;-) General answer: Make it an attachment of
type message/rfc822. Make sure you undo the appropriate
content-transer-encoding before feeding to bogofilter.

> In case of my users, programs in question are:
>
> Outlook Express

I only have a German version of that bug-collection. Therer
it is called Nachricht/Als Anlage weiterleiten (like:
Message/Forward as attachment).

> Outlook

No idea. Possibly similar.

> Eudora

I am not sure this is possible. Here the redirect feature
could be as close as it gets.

> Pine

No idea either. It might be a good idea to ask in
appropriate newsgroups.

pi