understanding bogofilter

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Tue May 6 03:01:39 CEST 2003

I have been reading everything I can about bogofilter and how to set it
up. I want to be able to use it at the server level and train it from
there.

1. I have virtual domains(VMailMgr+qmail+squirrelmail) and am wondering
if one setup using spam and ham from all domains in one corpus would
work for all domains or does there have to be a seperate corpus for each
domain?

2. I use maildirs and I saw a program in the 'contrib' directory that
makes a maildir into an mbox format. Will I need to do this?

3. After a message has been verified as spam will it still be processed
and sent to the user marked as spam or is it simply discarded after it
has been initially tagged as spam?

4. I want to setup an new mailbox called "spam" and have my users
forward their spam to that address. Is it ok to forward mail or does it
have to be bounced?

5. If I set it up for server level how do I deal with false positives?
Would I simply create a "non-spam" address and any time a user gets a
mail marked as spam which is not spam would they just need to forward
that msg to the non-spam email account?

6. And finally... If I do set it up for server level filtering will I
have to check fo false positives for everyone personally or is it still
sent to the user?

Most of my questions can be answered with a simple yes or no but if you
would like to elaborate on any of them I wouldn't mind. :)
--
Jon Reynolds <jonr at destar.net>