bogotune 0.2.2

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Mon Jun 23 12:52:44 CEST 2003

Greg Louis wrote:

> On 20030623 (Mon) at 1050:14 +0200, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
>> Greg Louis wrote:
>>
>> > Version 0.2.2 of the script to simplify choosing parameter values for
>> > bogofilter is now available at
>> >
>> > http://www.bgl.nu/bogofilter/bogotune-0.2.2.tgz
>>
>> Here is my output, it looks totally broken:
>>
>> > Recommended cache: 2 Mbytes
>
> Yup.  Totally broken.  I have no idea what you did wrong but it looks
> as though you pointed bogotune at a tiny training db.  With 30,000
> mails used for training there is no way you'd get that recommendation.

This is how I called it:
bogotune -v ~/local/bogolists/.bogofilter -c bogotune.cf -n
~/local/bogolists/ham -s ~/local/bogolists/spam

~/local/bogolists/.bogofilter ha the 30k messages:
> -rw-------    1 3.14     3.14         8.3M Jun 20 15:08 goodlist.db
> -rw-------    1 3.14     3.14         6.0M Jun 20 15:08 spamlist.db

bogotune.cf is as suggested by David. ~/local/bogolists/ham
amd ~/local/bogolists/spam are mboxes.

> If you let me know what your command line was, I might be able to come
> up with a diagnosis.  Also please mention whether you changed the
> script's default working directory and if so, include that line of
> the code.

I have not changed the script. So it is sitting in its
directory with a subdirectory work where some files were
created:

> -rw-------    1 3.14     3.14         8.0M Jun 20 15:21 R8156.ns
> -rw-------    1 3.14     3.14          13M Jun 20 15:18 R8156.sp

I also created a symlink to bogol in that directory.

pi